Cathy will be mixing it up at the brand new Saga Japanese Steakhouse at South Hills Village Mall. Congrats Cathy!
Bartender Training in Pittsburgh
Are you interested in bartender training in Pittsburgh?
There are bars, restaurants, hotels, and other places all over cities like Erie, New Castle, Johnstown, and others in the Pennsylvania/West Virginia area that need highly trained, highly skilled bartenders to serve thirsty customers.
By getting the right education, you could easily be the person who keeps the drinks flowing night after night while you fill your pockets with wads of cash!
A lot of people think that working behind a bar simply means filling a drink order, but it isn’t really that simple.
Like with just about any other job, bartending takes the right kind of training if you want to be able to do it well.
So, what can you expect from bartender training in Pittsburgh so that you can get into a fun, exciting new career that will put money in your pocket before you know it?
Well, let’s take a look.
What You Learn
While many people in bars, restaurants, clubs, and other places that serve alcohol only ever see the bartender pour and serve drinks, that’s hardly the only part of the job that exists.
A good bartender also has to know all about…
- Customer Service – This is probably the single most important part of the bartender’s job. You want to keep your customers coming back for more, right?
Good customer service means that your customers are at ease when you interact with them. It helps to be outgoing and sociable as you serve your customers. This will not only cause them to stick around longer, but they’ll always come back to you because of the pleasant company.
- Liquor Laws – As a bartender, you’ll provide something that not everyone legally has access to. Bartender training in Pittsburgh will help you understand the liquor laws of the area so that you know how to do the job within the letter of the law.
- The Types of Alcohol that You Serve – You’ll have to be able to distinguish beers, wines, and spirits. Among each of these types of alcohol, there are all kinds of brands that you’ll have to be familiar with, as your customers will undoubtedly prefer one over the other!
- How to Set Up Your Work Area – Depending on where you work as a bartender, things can get busy fast. That’s why it helps to have your work area set up so that you can be as efficient as possible.
Bartender training in Pittsburgh will teach all about where to keep your bartending tools, where the most popular brands should be kept, and how to keep things organized so that, even during the most hectic times, you’ll always know where everything is for easy access and quick service.
- Drink Preparation and Mixing – The most prevalent of the skills that you’ll learn while you’re training to become a bartender. While some customers might want a simple beer or wine as their drink, others will order from a long list of mixed drinks that you’ll have to know how to make.
Mixed drinks can be tricky because the amount of each ingredient that goes into a cocktail has to be just right in order for the taste to be perfect. Likewise some drinks have to be shaken, some stirred, some chilled, and some served with a garnish.
With the right bartender training in Pittsburgh, you’ll learn the difference between each of these in addition to all of the other duties that you’ll have to perform behind the bar.
These are just a few of the tasks that you’ll need to familiarize yourself with in order to be a successful bartender. With the right education, however, you’ll be well on your way.
But where can you go to get the best bartending education in the area?
Elite Bartending School: Our Name Says It All
Students come to us from cities all over the Pennsylvania/West Virginia area because they know that the quality bartender training in Pittsburgh that we provide is second to none.
Between that training that we offer and the job placement program that will help you get your foot in the door in any number of bars, restaurants, and hotels that are hiring, you’ll get more than your money’s worth by signing up for our courses!
You know what training consists of, so are you ready to start putting cash in your pocket?
Then give us a call at 1-412-344-9100 or contact us online and we’ll get you started on your bartender training in Pittsburgh right away!